Meals on Wheels would cease to exist without the valuable contribution made by its volunteers.
- it enables you to contribute to your community
- provides the opportunity for work experience and to gain new and practice current skills
- meet new people - volunteering puts you in contact with your community
- exchange your time and skills for a new network of friends
- stay active in your retirement
We need volunteers to:
- provide transport when delivering the meals
- accompany the driver to deliver the meal to the client
- assist in the kitchen
Interested to know more:
- phone: 9601-3728
- come into the office to complete the necessary paperwork including a form to undertake a police check and for an interview
Our program operates Monday to Friday with deliveries leaving the Centre around 10.30am. Two volunteers go on each delivery run consisting of a driver and a volunteer who takes the meals to the service user’s home. Volunteers receive a payment for travel and may work up to two shifts a week.
Interested to help? Just contact us to discuss your interest!